Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday, August 27, 2010 - Michelle

AHHH!!!! That's what I felt like when I woke up every day for the last week. We're officially UNDER the one month mark - HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? I feel like it was only yesterday that I was nagging Adam to get engaged, and now we're getting married within a month. Quite literally, within a month, I will legally be a Howe. Yikes!

There are a few things I need to get figured out - like jewelry. I am meeting my hair guy tomorrow and my makeup girl on Monday evening. I need to work on a schedule for the day of, and give the final numbers to everyone. Very scary. We're finalizing fun things now, like our first dance song, what kind of cake we want, and what books I'll be reading on our honeymoon (any suggestions?). I just am a little sad that we're almost done with this adventure. Sure, there's another adventure awaiting us (one which allows Adam to use the new coffee maker), but after dating for 7+ years, I'm sad that this chapter is closing.

One of the most chaotic things on our plates right now is the fun of RSVPS. Why? Well, you see, the USPS has decided to eat some invitations, mostly ones going to people out of the Chicago metropolitan area. Obviously, this is an issue. We realized earlier this week that more than half of the responses hadn't arrived. We did some digging and found out that not all invites were received. So we feel really dumb, and also dumber because since we hand-made all of our invites that they're all sent out and we really don't have any extras. I feel like an idiot, and moreso because it seems to be people we're hoping to see that we haven't seen in a LONG time. I guess that's why you hope you only get married once - this is a lot of work!

We met with our florist, The Blossom Boys from Beverly, the other night, and they are FABULOUS. They mentioned to us when we first met them that if you don't feel comfortable with a vendor to not continue with them. This saved us when we dealt with a bum DJ. They are incredible, and I recommend them to anyone and everyone. Love love love them! I learn things from them EVERY time I'm there.

We're also finalizing the details of the actual ceremony (if the organist would email me back...) and it's really fun to have so many people involved in the ceremony. I hope a lot of people can make it to the church, especially because my dress is fabulous and everyone needs to see it when I'm walking down the aisle. It's the one time in my life that I will be totally self-absorbed.

So now that I've taken the time to update, I realize I need to do this more often before the wedding. After the wedding our lives will be boring, and there won't be the pitter patter of little feet for at least a few years, so hopefully this excitement will last for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment