Monday, March 23, 2009

Monday, March 23, 2009 -- Michelle

Today, I discovered WE and all of the wedding shows on it. Really, I discovered it last night but Tivo hated me and wouldn't record them until I made Tivo and Comcast play nice. So now the shows begin. :)

Feel a little less stressed today about wedding stuff. Moved the ceremony time to 3, which makes me nervous if we want to take pictures downtown. Leaning more heavily toward the country club we looked at Saturday. Kind of just want to make a move. Was looking at pricing for hotels and venues up north, none really compare for what you get. Was told (well, Adam was) that we could bring a chocolate fountain in (score), so that helps. I am trying not to get caught up in the details, but there's so much to figure out.

Want to just move forward with the country club, book it, and figure out the food situation. Then, at least, I can finish the budget for the dress, cake, DJ, photographer, flowers, etc. Have my budget in mind, trying really hard to stick to it. If things go the way they SEEM to be going (cross your fingers here), we may be good. I see how it is SO easy to spend $20,000+ on a wedding now.

Talked to my parents (well my mom, who spoke for my dad) today about seeing the hall again before we book it. We may be going Saturday, though I am ready to go tomorrow and book the date. May call and see what we can do about reserving the date so it doesn't get taken out from us by Saturday. Stranger things have happened. If that happens, screw it, I will just go to Vegas.
The one thing I have decided I want is matchbooks. Seriously. I will order them once I am SURE black is our color for the wedding. I don't know, at least it'll be something ordered and I will feel accomplished.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are both nuts...so much to figure out?!?! Get somebody to take the pictures get something to eat,drink. try on a few dresses?!?!?! Okay now you're done. I did the whole thing in 9 1/2 weeks, hardware to I do!
    Okay seriously, I contacted the photog from our wedding to see if she was still in the biz..she is. Waiting to hear from her so you can see if you want to talk to her. My good friend Joe is a DJ and a very, very good one. Prices reasonable, extremely accommodating, does everything on-line so nothing is impossible. Will get his info if you guys are interested in sizing him up. He was about 1/2 the price typical when we got married. You danced a lot at ours, we have the pictures!:) I know this is not Mel-n-Darvell 2010 edition, but I think we got great great pictures and had a lot of dancing fun, as did everybody else. Oh yeah and we have a cool new florist by our house called the "Blossom Boys". They do very nice work, unsure of price range, but worth looking in to. LUVS Y'ALL

    ReplyDelete