Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday, 24 March 2009-Adam

I am happy that Shellie and I have gotten out in front of this as much as we have. Everything for a wedding depends on two things: the church and the reception, so having gotten one of those knocked out and a second one just shy of being squared away, I'm feeling very relaxed.

I, like Shellie, am pretty much ready to just book the country club for the reception. We've been there before, we know what we're getting, and the room is really nice. Plus, the prices are extremely reasonable, and that makes a big difference. Having looked around at some places up North myself, I have a feeling that the price of reception halls on the North Side resembles the price of homes on the North Side: a lot more money for only a little more hall. The Victoria Beau Jolie, for example, is in the same complex as my office, but their wedding and banquet packages START at more than $60 a head. The place is really nice, has great views, etc. but for what you get for that $60, it's not worth it.

Likewise, the Marriott we looked at on Saturday would be around $35 a head just for the booze. Since neither Shellie nor I is independently wealthy, and neither one of us is even remotely interested in an alcohol-free reception, there goes that idea. Really, I don't think we can go wrong with the country club. Ray and Liz have positive things to say about it, and their wedding was an awful lot of fun. We may wait until the weekend, but I have a feeling that that's where we're going to end up.

On another note, we were able to agree to change the time of the ceremony from 13:00 to 15:00, so I'm very happy about that. Other than that, though... I guess I'll write more when we have something nailed down.

No comments:

Post a Comment